- October, 15 2013
- No Comment
In addition to taking a big chunk off your grocery bill, here’s some of the perks that may come with your supermarket loyalty card:
- College Savings – Most major supermarket chains let you link your loyalty card to college savings through Upromise.com
- Donations to Schools – A long list of grocery stores, including Safeway, Pathmark, Shoprite, and more, will donate to your local school when you register your loyalty card with Escrip.
- Other Charitable donations – Other supermarkets, like Meijer’s loyalty card, can be linked to add rewards in the form of donations to a specified charity, school, church, synagogue or other non-profit. You can even sign up your own organization, and after submitting the required documentation, and upon approval, Meijer provides marketing tools that you can use to promote getting people to link their card up to your organization. No credit card required to participate.
- Family Fun – Giant Eagle has created a huge array of Family Fun Savings attached to their loyalty card.
- Rewards for Going Green – Kroger under many banners offers bonus rewards points that can go toward saving more on groceries. One of the ways to get bonus points is to “go Green”. If you bring your own shopping bags, you get 10 extra points. This is an easy way to go green, plus Kroger rewards the shopper.
- Baby and Preschool Savings – Publix supermarket, doesn’t technically have a “loyalty card”, but they do the same thing all others do in terms of registering an “account” with phone # and email. Just like a loyalty card, Publix has lots of “clubs”. Publix wins the customer service award nationally year after year, and it’s easy to see why.
- Personalized Savings – Safeway and Kroger, under many different banner names, now use loyalty cards to target personalized deals and coupons, based on past purchases. Set up an account on your supermarket’s website, and log in to see your own personalized markdowns on lots of the groceries you’re already buying that may already be on sale, but you get a better price. You do have to add these offers to your card to get the benefit of personalized deals, so take a look every week.
- Vacations, Events and Sports Tickets – Harris Teeter has lots of on-going offerings to enjoy their local sports teams and more with savings associated with their loyalty cards.
- Gas Rewards – Countless supermarket’s loyalty cards will help you save at the pump. The plans differ from store to store. Typically, you will spend a specified amount on groceries each month, then at participating gas stations, key in your club card for a discount. I save twenty cents a gallon every time I fill up!
- Airline Miles - Some supermarkets let you earn miles with a specific airline while doing your weekly grocery shopping.
Depending on where you live and shop, your supermarket may have other perks unique to your area. Log in to your supermarket’s website to find ways to get more from your loyalty card.
www.TheGroceryGame.com – 4 week FREE trial