- October, 29 2014
- No Comment
Since we began www.TheGroceryGame.com 14 years ago, I’ve always said that coupons are just the frosting on the cake of savings.
While Grocery Gamers are still enjoying savings of $523 a month for a family of four, we know that coupons are not for everyone.
Being able to quickly compare current sale prices is important because grocery prices change every week in your local supermarkets, drugstores, discount stores and more. You can shop at the wrong store in one week and drop $20-$30 more than the store down the street. I usually do my grocery shopping at only one store each week, but I’m no longer loyal to my home store of eighteen years, my local Vons, a Safeway banner. While the best savings were Vons last week, yesterday, I shopped at Stater Brothers with my coupons and deal stacking.
True confessions…Some weeks, even I just need to hop in for the basics, so the “Warren Buffett of Coupons” has shopped the “No Coupon Way” from time to time. But I to confess that I was cheating… I have access to sales information and price comparison in The Grocery Game databases for shopping the “No Coupon Way”. So one day, my “ah ha” moment came… Admittedly, there are lots of people who never want to use coupons at all, and those folks would save big bucks and tons of time if they could compare sale prices quickly and easily every week like I have done. Admittedly, my team thought I had lost my mind when I decided to build the “No Coupon Way”, but with The Grocery Game’s patented easy tools for building a grocery list, and all of our time and money saving bells and whistles, the “No Coupon Way” is here for all.
Shopping smart, the no coupon way, brings 50% savings. Adding coupons into the mix usually increases savings by another 17% on average.
Playing The Grocery Game the “No Coupon Way” hones in on the most savings quickly and easily. The “No Coupon Way” membership yields instant comparison shopping among advertised and un-advertised sales at supermarkets, drugstores, club stores, discount stores and dollar stores.
Savings Tips for the “No Coupon Way to Save”:
- Get a club card for each store and invest in sales!– The “No Coupon Way” works for investing in groceries. Instead of waiting until you run out of any grocery items, stock up on sales at half off or better. Yesterday, sour cream was on a great sale, so I bought my usual four, because the date on the package was good for over two months. Start checking dates. You’ll be surprised! And… Never pay full price again!
- Be willing to jump ship! Since most of us have more than one local place to buy groceries, consider that often times your old favorite may not have the best deals for you this week. Be willing to compare prices each week on what you need, and plan this week’s shopping trip accordingly.
- Stock up according to the tiny dateson all grocery items. You can invest in more than just pantry items that can last for 1-2 years. You’ll be surprised at how long even perishables can last once you check those tiny dates on the packages: Butter 6 months, Yogurt 6-8 weeks, cream cheese 6 months, sour cream 2 months, refrigerated Orange Juice 2 months, milk 3 weeks, organic milk 2 months, and so on.
- Stock up on the meat of the weekand freeze. Each week, the front of your supermarket sales circular will feature one or two meat choices at 50-67% off. These meat deals are almost always much less than warehouse club stores, so instead of just buying for this week’s meals, invest in a few extra packages. In doing so, you should save enough to buy a deep freezer in no time!
- Save on Fruits and Veggies by shopping in season and on sale. Stock up on store brand frozen vegetables when on sale for about half off to use in soups, casseroles, quiches, omelets and more.
- Log in to boost your savings of time and money with the “No Coupon Way To Save” at www.TheGroceryGame.com
We still love coupons at The Grocery Game, and offer savings with coupons of every kind stacked with advertised sales, Un-advertised sales, rebates, and more. Now, The Grocery Game is designed to cut to the chase on savings quickly and easily, with or without coupons.