- Teri Gault
- October, 19 2004
- No Comment
How do you relate to these?
Top 5 reasons for exercise break-down:
1. Boredom – We had an exercise program. We did basically the same things every day. Or we did different things, but we did these different routines in the same location each time. Monotony!
2. Over-doing it – Women, in particular, tend to over-do. We want to do the best we can. We over-commit. We over-do. We burn out. Then we quit.
3. In-consistency – This is what happens as a result of reasons number one and two. Non consistency makes exercise even more difficult. We set goals that are too high. We push ourselves so hard, that we end up hating the process and eventually, we quit. Then we feel guilty, punish ourselves by repeating the same process. We’re off and on, because we are not enjoying the process of exercise. Vicious cycle…
4. No example to follow – We come from a family that didn’t exercise. Our mother didn’t exercise. Maybe we come from a long line of obesity. We figure it’s genetic. We’ve never considered that maybe we can break the cycle.
5. We don’t have time – That’s just a by-product of the previous 4 reasons. Trust me on this one. I’ll explain more later.
Stick with me. There is hope for these top 5 reasons. I promise!
See “Teri Talk / Exercise Break-down – Part 3” – link below
Be sure to consult your doctor before starting any exercise routine.